Why choose BMet?
- Choose from traditional trades such as bricklaying, gas, plumbing and electrical techniques or develop skills in sustainability, renewable energies and green technologies.
- Newly refurbished £1.5 million Construction Centre at Stourbridge College providing state-of-the-art learning facilities in the fields of carpentry, joinery, plumbing, gas and electrical installation, and the Built Environment, which includes construction management and surveying. This investment allows us to increase our full-time student places and provides a purpose designed centre of excellence for them to study in.
- The Baxi innovation Academy at the James Watt College is one of the UK's leading facilities for the teaching of qualifications in gas, plumbing and electrical.
- The Erdington Skills Centre is popular among school leavers and young adults interested in developing basic construction skills such as bricklaying, painting and decorating in a more intimate setting.
- We have built a new Sustainability Centre at James Watt College for the teaching of courses in environmental sustainability, renewable energies and green technologies.
The construction and built environment sector has many career opportunities including architect, building surveyor or technician, carpenter or joiner, construction contracts manager, domestic energy assessor, facilities manager, gas network engineer, kitchen and bathroom fitter, land surveyor, road worker, stonemason, thermal insulation engineer, town planner, welder and wood machinist.