Why Choose BMet?
- We have our own broadcast studios, record label and performing arts academy which will help you gain the necessary skills and experience as an aspiring artist or technician.
- Transmission (TX) is the name of the media and multimedia courses we deliver at our James Watt Campus. Along with television and radio studios and multimedia suites, we also have TX_Radio, an online radio station run by students and staff.
- Forerunner Records is the hub from which our music performance and technology students get to write, record, perform and release their material at Matthew Boulton Campus. The label released its second album in June 2013 and bands and artists on the label perform regularly at venues in and around Birmingham.
- Stourbridge College is a Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and students have access to recently refurbished music facilities including a recording studio, staged performing area, rehearsal rooms and both Mac and PC music production classrooms.
- BMAPA (Birmingham Metropolitan Academy of Performing Arts) has a growing reputation for excellence in the teaching of acting, dance and musical theatre; with many successful productions and performances being held at indoor and outdoor locations across the area.
Our student alumni have gone on to study at music, dance and stage schools all over the world and have been cast in productions by regional and national theatre companies.
Students can also consider pursuing careers as writers, directors, producers, technicians, music arrangers, editors, sound engineers, stage managers, backing vocalists, booking agents, box office managers and choreographers.