Why choose BMet?
- Sport can be studied as part of your A Level programme alongside other subjects like Biology, Psychology or any other subjects of your choice.
- With a number of University-level courses, you can even continue your studies at BMet to achieve a higher level qualification such as a HND or Foundation Degree.
- We were awarded "College of the Year" by British Colleges Sport (BCS) and the Association of Colleges (AoC) for 2013.
- You can choose from a wide range of sports academies, including men’s and women’s football, hockey, rugby, athletics, netball, golf, boxing, and more.
- Sports performance and excellence courses are delivered at Sutton Coldfield College and at our Centre of Sporting Excellence at Brinton’s Field.
- Exercise and fitness courses can be studied at our James Watt College, with students encouraged to undertake work placements at local gyms and training centres.
- Our Football Academy students train alongside Kidderminster Harriers FC at our Centre of Sporting Excellence at Brinton’s Field, Kidderminster.
- We have exercise and fitness suites at our main colleges for you to train outside of your classes.
Career opportunities for those studying sport continue to grow in both the public and private sectors. Major areas of employment include sports development, sports coaching, sports therapy, health and fitness, physiotherapy, sports promotion and sports commerce (clothing and equipment), coaching, instructing and teaching.